Jang Youn Cho, Ph.D., CPA
Professor Cho returned to Korea in 1997 after staying seventeen years in the United States. Right after 1997-8 Asian financial crisis, he served as the founding Vice Chairman of the Korean Accounting Standards Board, the accounting setting body in Korea, which laid the foundation for better transparency in Korea’s accounting standards. His research fields include valuation and business analysis, persistence of earnings as well as international accounting.
Professor Cho was nominated as “Best Professor” seven out of ten years at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He is the first online education professor in Korea, and opened a cyber MBA program when he served as a dean, Graduate School of Business. Later he served as a vice president of Hankuk University of Foreign Studies in charging the Cyber University of Foreign Studies.
He has served as Board Member for a several firms including S-Oil, Korean-Saudi Aramco company. After retiring in August, 2017, he has a mission to contribute his experience to promote online education for many Indonesian young people who missed the learning opportunities.
- Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (Highest honor, B.A. in Public Adm.)
- University of Texas at Arlington (Master of Professional Accounting)
- University of Florida, Fisher School of Accounting, Ph. D. (Accounting)
- 1987-1996 Assistant Professor, Tenured Associate Professor, University of Nebraska in Lincoln, School of Accountancy
- 1997-2017 Professor, Department of Business Administration, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
- 1999-2000 Vice Chairman, Korea Accounting Standards Board (Full Time)
- 1999-2000 Member, Governmental Accounting Standards Board, Ministry of Finance and Economics
- 2001-2002 Editor: Korean Accounting Review
- 2004-2007 Member, Accounting Supervisory Committee, Financial Supervisory Services, Ministry of Planning & Finance
- 2006-2010 Dean, College of Business Administartion, Graduate School of Business, Hankuk University
- 2014-2017 Vice President of Hankuk University & Rector, Cyber University of Foreign Studies